When the BIOS access prompt appears, press the F2 key. The BIOS Setup screen appears. Use the arrow keys to access the various screens. Press the F10 key to save changes and exit or the Esc key to exit without saving.
- 1 How do I change my BIOS utility?
- 2 How do I get to BIOS setup utility?
- 3 How do I change default BIOS settings?
- 4 How do I get past BIOS setup?
- 5 How do I bypass UEFI BIOS utility?
- 6 How can I enter BIOS if F2 key is not working?
- 7 What is the main function of BIOS?
- 8 How do I select boot options?
- 9 Where are BIOS settings?
- 10 What happens if I reset BIOS to default?
- 11 How do I reset my ROG BIOS to default?
- 12 What does reset to setup mode do in BIOS?
How do I change my BIOS utility?
How to Configure the BIOS Using the BIOS Setup Utility
- Enter the BIOS Setup Utility by pressing the F2 key while the system is performing the power-on self-test (POST). …
- Use the following keyboard keys to navigate the BIOS Setup Utility: …
- Navigate to the item to be modified. …
- Press Enter to select the item.
How do I get to BIOS setup utility?
Access the BIOS Setup Utility using a series of key presses during the boot process.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Turn on the computer, and then immediately press the esc key repeatedly until the Startup Menu opens.
- Press f10 to open the BIOS Setup Utility.
How do I change default BIOS settings?
Reset the BIOS to Default Settings (BIOS)
- Access the BIOS Setup utility. See Accessing BIOS.
- Press the F9 key to automatically load the factory default settings. …
- Confirm the changes by highlighting OK, then press Enter. …
- To save the changes and exit the BIOS Setup utility, press the F10 key.
How do I get past BIOS setup?
Solution 5 – Change BIOS settings
- Enter BIOS, go to Security Options and disable Secure Boot. Now save changes and restart your PC.
- Enter BIOS again and this time go to Boot section. Disable Fastboot and enable CSM (Compatibility Support Module).
- Save changes and restart your PC.
How do I bypass UEFI BIOS utility?
Enter UEFI Setup to enable CSM or Legacy BIOS. Press “Del” when the ASUS logo appears on the screen to enter the BIOS. Press “Ctrl-Alt-Del” to restart the computer if the PC boots to Windows before loading the setup program. If this fails then I would reinstall to avoid future problems.
How can I enter BIOS if F2 key is not working?
If the F2 prompt doesn’t appear on the screen, you might not know when you should press the F2 key.
- Go to Advanced > Boot > Boot Configuration.
- In the Boot Display Config pane: Enable POST Function Hotkeys Displayed. Enable Display F2 to Enter Setup.
- Press F10 to save and exit BIOS.
What is the main function of BIOS?
BIOS (basic input/output system) is the program a computer’s microprocessor uses to start the computer system after it is powered on. It also manages data flow between the computer’s operating system (OS) and attached devices, such as the hard disk, video adapter, keyboard, mouse and printer.
How do I select boot options?
Generally, the steps go like this:
- Restart or turn on the computer.
- Press the key or keys to enter the Setup program. As a reminder, the most common key used to enter the Setup program is F1. …
- Choose the menu option or options to display the boot sequence. …
- Set the boot order. …
- Save the changes and exit the Setup program.
Where are BIOS settings?
To access your BIOS, you’ll need to press a key during the boot-up process. This key is often displayed during the boot process with a message “Press F2 to access BIOS”, “Press <DEL> to enter setup”, or something similar. Common keys you may need to press include Delete, F1, F2, and Escape.
What happens if I reset BIOS to default?
Resetting the BIOS configuration to the default values may require the settings for any added hardware devices to be reconfigured but will not affect the data stored on the computer.
How do I reset my ROG BIOS to default?
Enter BIOS and press F5 for default setting. Choose Yes then BIOS will return to default value.
What does reset to setup mode do in BIOS?
Resetting your BIOS restores it to the last saved configuration, so the procedure can also be used to revert your system after making other changes.