Right-click the desktop and select Personalize from the context menu. Next, select Start, and on the right side, scroll down and turn off Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar. That’s all there is to it. Your Jump List history will be cleared out.
- 1 How do I delete a pinned list?
- 2 What is the jump list in Windows 10?
- 3 How do I remove items from my frequent list?
- 4 What is Windows jump list?
- 5 How do I increase the number of jump lists in Windows 10?
- 6 How do I enable jump list?
- 7 How many items can you pin to quick access?
- 8 How do I delete movies from TV history?
- 9 How do you delete recent items?
- 10 How do I clear VLC history?
How do I delete a pinned list?
After you launch Settings, select the Personalization tile.
Then, toggle off the Show Recently Opened Items In Jump Lists On Start Or The Taskbar option. As soon as you do, all the Recent items will be cleared. (Anything that you have explicitly pinned will remain.) You can then switch the toggle back to On.
What is the jump list in Windows 10?
A jump list is a system-provided menu that appears when the user right-clicks a program in the taskbar or on the Start menu. It is used to provide quick access to recently or frequently-used documents and offer direct links to app functionality.
How do I remove items from my frequent list?
To delete items in the iOS and Android app, swipe an item from right to left (iOS) or press and hold on the item (Android) in the “Recent” or “Frequent” view, then tap the “Delete” button when it appears.
What is Windows jump list?
Jump Lists —available in Windows 7— are lists of recently opened items, such as files, folders, or websites, organized by the program that you use to open them. Jump Lists don’t just show shortcuts to files. … To open a Jump List, just right-click a program button on the Windows 7 taskbar.
How do I increase the number of jump lists in Windows 10?
Open the Registry Editor, you will write on the taskbar search box “regedit”. ComputerHKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced. Click Start_JumpListItems and click Modify. Select Decimal and enter how many recent items, you want to display in Jump List and click OK button.
How do I enable jump list?
How to enable jump lists in the Start menu on Windows 10?
- Enter the Settings app from the Start menu.
- Click the Personalization symbol.
- In the left column, proceed to the second last option. …
- On the right pane, Start features a few options. …
- Toggle it to On.
How many items can you pin to quick access?
With Quick Access, you can see up to 10 frequently used folders, or the 20 most recently accessed files, in the File Explorer window.
How do I delete movies from TV history?
1) Click TV > Preferences form the menu bar. 2) Select the Files tab. 3) Check the box for Automatically delete watched movies and TV shows. 4) Click OK.
How do you delete recent items?
Clear the list of recently used files
- Click the File tab.
- Click Recent.
- Right click a file in the list and select Clear unpinned items.
- Click Yes to clear the list.
How do I clear VLC history?
Clearing Playback History
- Tap on the ☰ Menu.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and click the last option Advanced.
- Tap on Clear playback history.
- Confirm your action by hitting OK.