To use the latest version, you simply need to launch the hosted Plex Web App. If you already have the app open in a browser, simply refresh the browser page to load the new version.
- 1 What is the latest plex version?
- 2 How do I find my Plex server version?
- 3 How do I check for Plex updates?
- 4 Is Plex illegal?
- 5 Is there a Plex desktop app?
- 6 How much does it cost for Plex?
- 7 How do I know if Plex is transcoding?
- 8 How do I access Tautulli?
- 9 How do I make sure my Plex Server is running?
- 10 What is the best server for Plex?
- 11 Can you have 2 servers on Plex?
- 12 Can you have more than one server on Plex?
What is the latest plex version?
As of this writing, the latest Plex Media Server version is 1.18. 4.2171-ac2afe5f8 for Windows, MacOS, Linux, and FreeBSD. If you have questions or a problem presents itself, Plex points you to its Server forums to ask others.
How do I find my Plex server version?
Log into the Plex Web App (https://app.plex.tv/desktop) Click on Settings in the top right hand corner. In the side bar on the left hand side, click on General under Settings. It will tell you your version number on that page and whether you are using the most up-to-date version.
To refresh all metadata in Plex:
- Go to the main screen where your libraries are listed on the left.
- Select the ‘…’ icon in the top of the left pane.
- Select Refresh All Metadata.
How do I check for Plex updates?
The Plex Server Auto Updater
- Download and verify the latest Plex Media Server update.
- Stop the Plex service.
- Stop any Plex processes that are running.
- Install the latest update.
- Delete the Run keys from the registry to prevent Plex Media Server from running outside of the service.
Is Plex illegal?
Through its evolution, Plex has remained legal in every country in which it does business, has attracted millions and millions of users worldwide, and is a leading global media streaming service.
Is there a Plex desktop app?
Run Plex Media Server on your Windows, Mac or Linux computer and stream to your iOS,Android, Windows Phone 8 or Windows 8.1 device. … Plex is even available on most network-attached storage devices.
How much does it cost for Plex?
Plex Pass. Plex is available both as a free service and a premium tier it calls Plex Pass. While free tier doesn’t bill you monthly, there’s a $5-per-platform activation fee if you want to use the Plex Android and iOS apps. The Premium tier costs $5 per month, $40 per year or $120 for a lifetime pass.
How do I know if Plex is transcoding?
To check to see if hardware acceleration is being used during a video playback:
- Play a video on any Plex app.
- In the quality settings of the Plex player app, reduce the video quality to force Plex Media Server to convert the video (for example, select Convert to 480p ).
- Open the Plex Web App.
How do I access Tautulli?
Add Tautulli as a Shortcut On Your Phone
This screenshots are for Android, but it should work similarly for iphones. Go to http://192.168.68.105:8181 on your mobile device. You should now see a Tautulli shortcut on your phone!
How do I make sure my Plex Server is running?
Ensure that Plex Media Server is actually actively running. Verify that your Server is listed on your Devices page. Disable any VPN on your computer or router. Disable any proxies being used on your computer or router.
What is the best server for Plex?
6 Best NAS for Plex 2021
|Best NAS for Plex||CPU||RAM|
|QNAP TS-453D-4G NAS||Intel Celeron J4125||4 GB DDR4|
|Asustor AS5304T NAS||Intel Celeron J4105||4 GB DDR4|
|TerraMaster F5-422 NAS||Intel Celeron J3455||4 GB DDR4|
|WD Diskless EX4100 NAS||Marvell Armada 388||2 GB DDR4|
Can you have 2 servers on Plex?
Plex supports multiple servers per account, and each server supports multiple libraries and plug-in channels. Most installations will only use a single server, but the option is there if you prefer to run more than one.
Can you have more than one server on Plex?
Create Multiple Plex Servers
It’s a common misconception that you can only have one server per household setup. You can actually have as many as you want. … No problem—just download and set up the Plex Media Server on any computer/network drive you want and connect it to your Plex account.