- 1 How do I install packages in Linux?
- 2 How do I start commvault services in Linux?
- 3 How do I download a commvault package?
- 4 What is a commvault agent?
- 5 How do you list all installed packages in Linux?
- 6 How do I install a repository?
- 7 How do I install an RPM on Linux?
- 8 How do you stop a service in Unix?
- 9 How do you stop a service force in Linux?
- 10 How do I check my Commvault status in Linux?
- 11 What is the latest version of commvault?
- 12 What is common vault?
- 13 How much does commvault cost?
How do I install packages in Linux?
To install a new package, complete the following steps:
- Run the dpkg command to ensure that the package is not already installed on the system: …
- If the package is installed already, ensure it is the version you need. …
- Run apt-get update then install the package and upgrade:
How do I start commvault services in Linux?
Use the [-force] option to start the services and then use Automatic Update to install the Service Pack or the Update from the CommServe. Alternatively, install the latest Service Pack. Services will be automatically started after the installation of Service Pack.
How do I download a commvault package?
Downloading the Commvault Software
- Download the Commvault software using the Download Manager. Use this method if you want to run installations or upgrades from an installation package. …
- Download the Commvault software using the CommCell Console. …
- Download the Commvault software from the AWS or Azure marketplace.
What is a commvault agent?
Commvault software offers seamless and efficient backup and restore of data and information in your enterprise from any operating system, database, and application. … Agents are software modules that are installed on computers to access and protect data.
How do you list all installed packages in Linux?
Run command apt list —installed to list all installed packages on Ubuntu. To display a list of packages satisfying certain criteria such as show matching apache2 packages, run apt list apache.
How do I install a repository?
Go to the Kodi main menu. Go to System > File Manager and double click on add source. In the ‘None’ section, type in the link of the repository you want to install and click on ‘Done. ‘ You can give an alias to the repository by typing in the next text box and click OK.
How do I install an RPM on Linux?
Use RPM in Linux to install software
- Log in as root , or use the su command to change to the root user at the workstation on which you want to install the software.
- Download the package you wish to install. …
- To install the package, enter the following command at the prompt: rpm -i DeathStar0_42b.rpm.
How do you stop a service in Unix?
To end the process, type kill <pid> . This will stop the process (<pid> is the process identifier found in the first column.) 3. To restart the service, you must change to the directory where the agent is installed.
How do you stop a service force in Linux?
How to force kill process in Linux
- Use pidof command to find the process ID of a running program or app. pidoff appname.
- To kill process in Linux with PID: kill -9 pid.
- To kill process in Linux with application name: killall -9 appname.
How do I check my Commvault status in Linux?
You can view Commvault services by running a command in the UNIX terminal.
- Log on to a client computer as root.
- At the command line prompt, type the following command to list all the running services and press Enter. commvault -all list.
What is the latest version of commvault?
What is commvault
- Commvault 2020. Revision 20, updated in June 2020 and released with version 11.0. …
- Commvault 2019. Revision 18, updated in December 2019 and releases with version 11.0. …
- Commvault 2018. Revision 14, updated in December 2018 and releases with version 11.0. …
- Commvault 2017. …
- Commvault 2016. …
- Commvault 2015.
What is common vault?
Commvault is an American publicly traded data protection and data management software company headquartered in Tinton Falls, New Jersey. Commvault enterprise software can be used for data backup and recovery, cloud and infrastructure management, retention and compliance.
How much does commvault cost?
Pricing for Commvault Complete Backup and Recovery starts at $0.27/GB/month (paid annually). Commvault Hyperscale starts at $0.02/GB/month (paid annually). Call for specific pricing on other Commvault offerings and services.