If the camera or flashlight is not working on Android, you can try to clear the app’s data. This action automatically Resets the camera app system. Go to SETTINGS > APPS & NOTIFICATIONS (select, “See all Apps”) > scroll to CAMERA > STORAGE > Tap, “Clear Data”. Next, check to see if the camera is working fine.
- 1 Why is my Android camera just a black screen?
- 2 Why won’t my camera open on my phone?
- 3 Why is my camera just a black screen?
- 4 How do I fix my front camera on my Android?
- 5 Why does my front camera not work?
- 6 How do I enable the camera on my Android?
- 7 How do I reset my camera settings?
- 8 What do you do if your camera is not working?
- 9 Why does my camera app keep stopping?
- 10 How do I reinstall the camera app on Android?
- 11 What do you do when your camera goes black on Zoom?
Why is my Android camera just a black screen?
If your phone is still showing a black screen after a hard reset, then the problem is caused by a hardware related issue. This means that the camera application has malfunctioned or the lens is broken. If this is the case, take your smartphone for repair.
Why won’t my camera open on my phone?
Restart the phone. If restarting doesn’t work, clear the cache and data of the camera app by Settings > Applications > Application manager > Camera app. Then tap Force Stop, and go to the Storage menu, where you select Clear Data and Clear Cache. … Once you’re done, restart your phone.
Why is my camera just a black screen?
If it’s a software bug, glitch, virus etc than wiping the phone should fix the issue. If you have a Smartphone running on the Android operating system and need help backing up your device and performing a factory data reset then you might want to read this guide on how to backup and reset an Android phone.
How do I fix my front camera on my Android?
Fix your Camera app on your Pixel phone
- Step 1: Clean your camera’s lens & laser. To clean the camera lens and laser sensor, wipe them gently with a soft, clean cloth. …
- Step 2: Restart your phone. …
- Step 3: Clear the Camera app’s cache. …
- Step 4: Update your apps. …
- Step 5: Check if other apps cause the problem.
Why does my front camera not work?
Clear cache and data from the Camera app
Navigate to Settings > Apps & notifications > All apps. Once there, select the Camera app. Open Storage. Clear cache and data, then reboot your device.
How do I enable the camera on my Android?
Tap Site Settings. Tap Microphone or Camera. Tap to turn the microphone or camera on or off. Allow.
How do I reset my camera settings?
Depending on your camera:
- Select MENU → Settings → Initialize → OK.
- Select MENU → Setup → Initialize → Reset Default or Factory Reset.
- Select MENU → Setup → Navigate to Setting Reset → Camera Settings Reset or Initialize.
What do you do if your camera is not working?
How to Fix Camera Not Working on Android
- Reboot device. …
- Switch off device. …
- Recharge device battery if low. …
- Clear App Data. …
- Check if another app is actively using the camera. …
- Check camera app permissions. …
- Force Stop the camera app. …
- Remove any third-party camera apps.
Why does my camera app keep stopping?
Some common reasons for ‘Unfortunately camera has stopped’ error are: Low storage space in your phone. Incomplete Android update. Bug or virus in the mobile.
How do I reinstall the camera app on Android?
- Open Settings.
- Tap Apps or Apps & notifications.
- Tap Camera. Note: if running Android 8.0 or higher, tap See all apps first.
- Scroll to and tap App Details.
- Tap Uninstall.
- Tap OK on the popup screen.
- After uninstall completes, select Update at the same location of the previous uninstall button.
What do you do when your camera goes black on Zoom?
Restart your computer. If the camera still does not work in Zoom after restarting, check if the camera works in a Mac app, such as Photo Booth or Facetime. If it works elsewhere, uninstall the Zoom client and reinstall the latest version from our Download Center.